Covid-19 Update

Following further advice from Government and British Rowing, Club Officers met tonight to discus the club’s next steps in relation to the Covid-19 outbreak. The decision was made that the club will close completely at end of business today, Tuesday 17th March, initially until Friday 3rd April. This is in line with the closure of the British[…]

River Closed – Weir/Sluice gate has failed

Overnight on 27th/28th June the sluice gate at the old mill adjacent to Durham School Boat House appears to have failed. The river level has dropped around 20cm overnight.

As such no Durham ARC crews are allowed to go afloat until further notice. Once the river levels have stabilised we will be able to assess the river and determine which parts are still deep enough for use. More importantly we need to identify any submerged objects that are now likely to cause damage.

[…]

Cancelled – Durham City Regatta

We have unfortunately made the very difficult decision to cancel Durham City Regatta today. This is probably the closest call we have ever had to make and had the rainfall last night been 12 hours earlier or 12 hours later we would most likely have been OK, it just appears to be very bad luck.

Curry Night – unwind after Durham Regatta

Our famous Curry Night and only £7 a ticket. Please buy your tickets NOW – Helen and Sarah need to know numbers so they can get the quantities right. Helen Adair and Sarah Rutter have been organising this for some time – lets support it and get together as a club. Tickets available from Helen,[…]