The 2021 Annual General Meeting took place on July 15th. For the second year Covid-19 dictated that it was a virtual meeting held via Zoom. It was also the first AGM under the Club’s new governance as Durham Amateur Rowing Club 1860 Limited.
Annual reports were presented and the Chairman thanked committee members for their efforts over the past year.
The following changes to the Executive Committee were agreed for 2021/22 –
- Barry Hudson replaces Ian Shepherd as President
- Paul Rutter replaces Barry Hudson as Chairman
- Dan Lockey replaces Stephen Kay as Men’s Vice Captain
- Rebecca Chilcott replaces Alison Danforth as Women’s Vice Captain
- Ray Dominy becomes Coaching Co-ordinator
- David Beeby replaces Adam Lambert/George Peattie as Safety Officer
- Megan Titterington/Gabrielle Maxfield become joint Social Co-ordinators
- John Appleby and David Rutter become Other Executive Members
Retiring Executive members Ian Shepherd, Stephen Kay and Alison Danforth are added to the list of Vice Presidents.
The list of Executive members and job descriptions are on the Committees page. There are vacancies for Assistant Secretary, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Regatta Secretary and Boat Warden. Members can be co-opted at a later date and expressions of interest can be made through the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership subscriptions and boat storage fees remain the same as last year.
The next scheduled affiliated competition is Durham Autumn Sprint on September 25th.