Durham ARC’s Executive Committee (exec) is responsible for the day to day running of the club.
The committee is elected annually by the membership and is composed of representatives from all sections of the club.
The list of 12 executive members is as follows:-
- Vice-captain – Men
- Vice-captain – Women
- Junior co-ordinator
- Assistant secretary
- 3 full members (this means members without a specific role but who must be full members of the club)
Click on the title to see the job description for that member.
Club President is an elected executive committee post but is not normally voted annually. Traditionally presidents have fulfilled this post for a number of years before making way for someone else.
In addition the club is required to have a Welfare Officer, whose key role is in safeguarding, and a Safety Advisor. These 2 posts are generally co-opted onto the executive committee.
The club manager is a co-opted post and has been allowed voting rights at the discretion of the executive.
The club (the exec) may also appoint
- Regatta secretary
- Press officer
- Coaching co-ordinator
- Volunteer co-ordinator
- Boat warden
- Social club co-ordinator
These posts are non-executive committee members who may be invited to attend meetings to provide reports.
Finally we have the Management Committee. This consists of
- Club Chairman
- Club Secretary
- Club Treasurer
- Club Manager
plus one other person appointed by the executive.
The Management Committee reports to the Executive Committee.
The twelve elected posts for the exec come up for election at the Annual General Meeting each July. The non-executive posts will be nominated by the members of the exec.
Executive Committee 2017/2018
- President – Ian Shepherd
- Chairman – Barry Hudson
- Vice-Chairman – Charly Curtis
- Secretary – Nicola Field
- Treasurer – John Lyons
- Captain – Vacant
- Women’s Vice Captain – Alison Danforth
- Men’s Vice Captain – Stephen Kay
- Junior Co-ordinator Vicky Jackson
- Regatta Secretary – Vacant
- Assistant Secretary – Linda Forwood
- Press Officer – Colin Lawson
- Executive Member – Emily Hanscam
- Executive Member – Elliot Kay
- Executive Member – Michelle Joubert
- Safety Advisor – Richard Castling
- Welfare Officer – Steph Snowball
- Ex-Officio General Manager – Mark Bell
- Coaching Co-ordinator – Beth Holmes
- Volunteer Co-ordinator – Vacant
- Boat Warden – Vacant
- Social club co-ordinator – Vacant
To contact any Committee Member directly by email, click on the post title.
For general enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org