Durham ARC Juniors put in some good performances at the Level 3 School Games County Durham Indoor Rowing Championships at the Graham Sports Centre, Maiden Castle on Thursday,
Congratulations to the successful rowers in each year group –
- WJ13 – Sian Davison 1st in Year 8 girls
- J13 – Will Terry 3rd in Year 8 boys
- WJ14 – Elise Lambert 1st in Year 9 girls
- J14 – Tom Pfetscher 1st and Sam Terry 3rd in Year 9 boys
- WJ16 – Louise Southward 1st and Hannah Davidson 3rd in J16 girls
- J16 – Jacob Windle 1st and Ellis Black 3rd in J16 boys
- J18 – Adam Morris (right) 1st and only entry in Year 11/12 boys
School Games is a Government priority for realising a meaningful sporting legacy from the Olympic and Paralympic Games, and is supported by three Government Departments – the Department for Education, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, and the Department of Health and Social Care, with funding from Sport England. Competition takes place at 4 levels – Intra-school (L1), Inter-school (L2), County (L3) and National (L4).
Thanks to Ray Dominy for photos of winners below.
Successful competitors are also invited to participate in Durham University’s Junior High Performance Academy, Durham University Boat Club (DUBC) being one of the successful High Performance Programmes supported by British Rowing and funded by Sport England.
Thanks go to DUBC, British Rowing and County Durham Sport for hosting and organising the event.