Durham ARC returned from the World Rowing Masters Regatta in Hazewinkel, Belgium on September 10th-13th with 9 Gold and 6 Silver medals. Races took place over 1000 metres on an 8-lane lake course.
There were 5 wins for Gill Prescott, including the Women’s Masters E 1x on Thursday, WMas E 2x with Ailie Ord (Strathclyde Park) and D 4x- with a Strathclyde Park and Loch Lomond composite on Friday, and WMas E 4x- with Sarah Payne (Wycliffe College), Joy Skipper (Upper Thames) and Eva Rankin (Loch Lomond) on Saturday. Gill then formed a 4x- with John Appleby and a Nithsdale / Loch Lomond composite, and won at Mixed Masters F on Sunday.
The Masters E 4+ of Paul Rutter, David Walker, John Appleby, with Tim Baker of Abingdon, coxed by Emma Hocking won on Thursday.
The Masters G 8+ (pictured) of Derek Gordon, John Appleby, John Watkinson, Martin Judson, David Walker, Paul Stanley, with Colin Barratt of Ardingly and Tom Bishop of Quintin, coxed by Emma Hocking then claimed the gold medal on Friday.
The Masters F 8+ of John Appleby, John Watkinson, Paul Rutter, David Walker, Martin Judson, Michael Stevens, Paul Stanley, with Tim Baker of Abingdon, coxed by Emma Hocking also won on Saturday.
Finally Derek Gordon joined a GB / Germany / Switzerland / USA international composite 8+ that won the Mixed Masters H-K race on Sunday.
There were silver medals for John Appleby and Michael Stevens in the Masters F 2x, John Watkinson and Paul Rutter in Masters E 2x, and for Gill Prescott with an international Women’s F 4x- on Friday. On Saturday Gill took silver in the Women’s D 2x, and there was a 2nd place for John Watkinson, David Walker and Paul Rutter in the E 4x with Abingdon. On Sunday Gill and John Appleby came 2nd in a Mixed Masters G 4x-.
- 1st WE 1x Gill Prescott
- 1st E 4+ Paul Rutter, David Walker, John Appleby + Abingdon composite + cox Emma Hocking
- 4th E 4+ George Adair, Michael Seed, David Oliver, Gerry Sharpe + cox Helen Adair
- 5th F 4- Paul Stanley, David Walker, Martin Judson + Abingdon composite
- 5th WC 4x- Gill Prescott + Wycliffe College, Upper Thames, Loch Lomond
- 1st G8+ Derek Gordon, John Appleby, John Watkinson, Martin Judson, David Walker, Paul Stanley + Ardingly and Quintin + cox Emma Hocking
- 1st WE 2x Gill Prescott + Strathclyde Park
- 2nd E 2x John Watkinson, Paul Rutter
- 5th F 2- David Walker, Martin Judson
- 4th G 2x Andy Jaggard, John Lund
- 3rd E 8+ Michael Stevens, Martin Judson, David Walker + Tees composite + cox Emma Hocking
- 1st WD 4x- Gill Prescott + Strathclyde Park, Loch Lomond
- 3rd G 1x John Appleby
- 2nd WF 4x- Gill Prescott + Loch Lomond, Upper Thames, Port Marly (FRA)
- 4th G 4x- John Lund + Clydesdale, Nithsdale, St Andrews
- 2nd F 2x John Appleby, Michael Stevens
- 2nd E 4x John Watkinson, David Walker, Paul Rutter + Abingdon composite
- 2nd WD 2x Gill Prescott + Loch Lomond
- 1st F 8+ John Appleby, John Watkinson, Paul Rutter, David Walker, Martin Judson, Michael Stevens, Paul Stanley + Abingdon + cox Emma Hocking
- 1st WE 4x- Gill Prescott + Wycliffe College, Upper Thames, Loch Lomond
- 5th Mxd D 2x Paul Rutter, Sarah Rutter
- 2nd Mxd G 4x- Gill Prescott, John Appleby + Nithsdale and Vesper (USA) composite
- 3rd Mxd G 4x- John Lund, Andy Jaggard + Rijnland (Netherlands) composite
- 5th Mxd D 4x- John Watkinson + Ardingly composite
- 1st Mxd H-K 8+ Derek Gordon + Germany/Switzerland/USA composite
- 1st Mxd F 4x- John Appleby, Gill Prescott + Nithsdale and Loch Lomond composite
Masters D represents a crew with average age 50-54, Masters E is 55-59, F is 60-64, G is 65-69, with H representing ages over 70.
World Masters website.