Durham Amateur Rowing Club
Durham Autumn Sprint
Sponsored by the Prince Bishop River Cruiser
Saturday 27th September 2014
500m, Free Start – River Wear at Durham
Held under British Rowing Rules and Row Safe.
First Race not before 09:00 am.
All events are offered for Open and Women’s crews.
Mixed events are offered for 4+, 4x+ and 2x.
|Qualifying Events (where appropriate)*|
|IM3, Novice||4+, 4x+, 2x, 1x|
|Junior A (18, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11)||4x-, 4x+, 2x, 1x||4x- for J18, J16 only|
|4x+ for J15 and below|
|Masters||4+, 2-, 2x, 1x||Handicaps will apply where needed|
|Masters Intermediate 3||4x-,4x+, 2x, 1x||No Handicaps|
|Masters Novice||4x-,4x+, 2x, 1x||No Handicaps|
|Non Qualifying Events*|
|Mixed||4+, 2x||No account made for age|
|Para Events||1x||As per entries|
|Recreational Events||4+, 4x+, Mxd 4x+, Mxd 2x||See notes below|
Event to be run in three divisions to allow for doubling up – competitors are encouraged to double/ triple up. Please see attached explanatory notes.
*Junior 18 & Junior 16 races are qualifying if no point has been won previously in the same age band
J15, J14, J13, J12, J11 – count as a junior b win
Masters events do not attract senior points with the exception of novice competitors who will gain 1 point;
Mixed & Recreational events not qualifying*
Entry fees (per rowing seat): £6 per rowing seat (coxes are free)
*** All Cheques payable to Durham Amateur Rowing Club ***
ENTRIES CLOSE 18.00 FRIDATE 19thSEPTEMBER 2014
Explanatory Notes on Doubling Up and Events.
(9.00 – 11.30)
(11.30 – 14.00)
(14.00 – 17.00)
|J12 1x||WJ12 2x||J12 2x||WJ12 4x+||J12 4x+||WJ12 1x|
|J13 2x||WJ13 4x+||J13 4x+||WJ13 1x||J13 1x||WJ13 2x|
|J14 4x+||WJ14 1x||J14 1x||WJ14 2x||J14 2x||WJ14 4x+|
|J15 1x||WJ15 2x||J15 2x||WJ15 4x+||J15 4x+||WJ15 1x|
|J16 2x||WJ16 1x||J16 1x||WJ16 4x-||J16 4x-||WJ16 2x|
|J18 4x-||WJ18 2x||J18 2x||WJ18 1x||J18 1x||WJ18 4x-|
|J16 4+||WJ18 4-||J18 4-||J15 4+||WJ16 4+|
|WJ15 4+||WJ18 2-||J18 2-||WMasN 4x+||MasN 4x+||WN 1x|
|N 1x||WIM3 1x||IM3 1x||WMas 4x-||MasN 1x||WIM3 4x+|
|IM3 4x+||WMas 1x||Mas 1x||WN 4x+||Mas 4x-||WMas 2x|
|WMasN 1x||MasN 4+||WMasN 4+||WIM3 2x||N 4x+||WIM3 4+|
|Mas 2x||WN 2x||N 2x||WMas 4+||IM3 2x||REC 4x+|
|IM3 4+||WMasN 2x||MasN 2x||WN 4+||Mas 4+||MXD 4+|
|MXD 2x||MXD REC 2x||PARA 1x||N 4+|
|REC 4+||MXD REC 4x+|
Times of division are provisional and are subject to change dependent on entries.
- All competitors of qualifying & Mixed events must be holders of British Rowing Gold Racing Licences, Competitors in Recreational Events are allowed to race with a British Rowing Silver Licence.
- Entries for qualifying and mixed events should be entered using BROE (British Rowing On line Entry System).
- For entries not on BROE, postal or email entries are acceptable – an email confirmation will be sent to confirm receipt.
- Contact Regatta Secretary for enquiries – details below.
Address for postal entries and cheques:
Regatta Secretary, City Boathouse, Green Lane, Durham DH1 3JU
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The draw will be made on Saturday, 20th September at Durham Amateur Rowing Club.
- Full draw and safety instructions will be posted at http://www.durham-arc.org.uk/ on 23rd September.